
So I was reading some little articles from the Reader's Digest the other day while I was at the gym. I do anything there to pass the time on that stupid treadmill! I've always thought of this magazine as such an "old person's" magazine mostly because my parents always keep one handy in their bathroom. But, they had some cute little articles of the "Life in These United States" about funny things that happen to normal people. Some were not all that great---AND they pay $100-300 for each story they use. So....of course I thought I should give a try. I have some stories that are up to par. (Krystal you have a million stories to send in--you will be rich!) Hopefully they will use my story and I will be having a $300 shopping spree. Or maybe it should go to Taylor's college fund? I submitted my story and it goes something like this:
One day my two-year-old daughter Taylor had taken off her clothes and was running around the house naked. I noticed that the drapes were open and so I took her aside and said, "Taylor, we don't run around the house naked." She looked up at me with repentant eyes and replied, "Okay Mom. I'll walk."



No comments:
Post a Comment