Saturday, July 21, 2007

Camping Marbles

Who wouldn't want to take these adorables camping?! If you notice the marble jar Taylor is holding is FULL. Each marble represents a time that she listened, was kind, followed directions, picked up toys, spoke politely etc. etc...! Needless to say it has been a process ( I believe we started in June). The first line's reward was swimming as a family, the second was spending the night at Mema's and the third was a family camping trip. This worked great for her and it was really exciting to get marbles for the tiniest of things. I have already noticed her change in attitude, even though we aren't doing marbles anymore.


The journey to Scot's Flat begins. The weather was perfect, the clouds were gi-normous and the trees covered everything. I love the mountains (I love the rolling hills too..)


The fire-pit King and his maidservant. We ate really well while camping. Junk food all around. We tried out the dutch oven my mom had given us and our foil dinners turned out pretty good too. No time for smores though, I was bummed.

We rented a little motor boat for a couple hours. Kennedy fell asleep to the hum of the boat. If you look closely you may be able to see a small child under all those towels. She was in the shade on top of rocks--there was no sand to be found at this lake.

Tim even let me drive for a bit (shocking, I know)! We found a small secluded island to beach. And yes....the red-head even took off his shirt for a few minutes. But only when no one was looking :)



My little sailor's first boat ride


Snuggling at camp in the hammock


Bike ride across the reservoir


Ready to go home--dirty and over tired, but still lovin it!

5 comments:

Krystal Trapnell said...

Wow, we miss the mountains. It sure looks like fun! Jeff is talking about going camping at the Okeefenokee Swamp. There are alligators there. I prefer your kind of camping...

Angel said...

Sounds like you guys had a fantastic time.

Brooke said...

Your girls are the cutest! Good idea with the marble jar and what a fun reward. It looks like you guys had a blast! I love your fun blog! -Brooke

christina said...

Your family is so cute - These pictures make me want to go camping!

Alexis said...

Sarah:
That is such a good idea with the marble jar. I think that I am going to try it with Megan and I think that it will help me too to look at all the good she does. Thanks for the idea! You are so good at coming up with creative things.

Related Posts with Thumbnails