
My Grandpa Bushman's funeral was yesterday. This is the last time that I saw him in June. I will always remember his big soft hands, the playhouse he built us in our Olive Ranch Rd house, always saying "Be Sweet" , giving us horsey rides on his knee as kids, doing the "Tom Tinker...Chin Chopper" little riddle, building stools for us, singing, talking about his wife Gwendolyn and showing me pictures and loving red-heads. During the last years of his life he struggled with Alzheimer's and could not remember names too well. He did remember for a long time that I was the grand-daughter that married a red head! What are your memories of him?
Kennedy running away from me at the cemetery. Grandpa was buried next to Grandma in the Gridley Cemetery. The funeral was a beautiful celebration of his life. My aunts and uncles have wonderful memories and values that they talked about. Many times during the funeral the audience was laughing with the speaker. We are all so happy that he is now with the family that has passed on. His wife has been gone for over 30 years. I'm sure they had quite the reunion in heaven. He truly was a man with strong character.
Taylor had tons of questions since this is the first funeral she's ever been to. I love this cute pic of Grandpa Webb explaining it all to her. She was fascinated. Our family just had a FHE on death last week and it is amazing how much they really do understand.
My aunt and uncles



2 comments:
Thanks for putting up these pictures. I was sad I wasn't able to go to the funeral. I have a lot of the same memories of grandpa. In the last picure mom and Jeff have the same expression :) Dad is so cute with kids - I can just hear his tone of voice talking to Taylor.
whoa...hot sisters! and i'm glad you got to go to grandpas funeral! families can be together forever! LOVE THAT
Post a Comment