You Say it's your Birthday!
For Mom's birthday this year we thought it would be fun to decorate her laundry / sewing room. One thing I love about Mom is that she is so service oriented. She is always doing this kind of thing for other people.We thought she deserved a little pampering herself.
After organizing and donating tons (!) of fabric the laundry room was ready for a makeover. There is no "before" shot for a reason...I'm so proud of my Mom for deciding to donate lots of stuff. It felt so great to de-clutter and simplify (and it's not even my house!). For some reason this is enjoyable to me and I actually get a high off of it. Know anyone that will pay me to do this? I am SO there.

After shopping every store possible for curtains, we decided we should just make them. Mom sewed these up in a few minutes. If you know my Mom, you know she LOVES big flowers (esp. if they are fuschia!)...so this print is perfect for her. Yes, I put her to work on her own b-day present. I am a slave-driver.

After painting the walls yellow and the doors & ceiling white we were ready to hang all the fun stuff. My friend Jen has a vinyl lettering company and hooked me up with some letters. It was fun to make these little wall hangings, using the leftover fabric from the bulletin board. If you know my Mom, you know that she embodies this quote. She definitely knows how to "live well, laugh often and love much". She inspires me daily and reminds me to keep down to earth and strong in my beliefs.

The ribbon bulletin board to put lots of fun pics and project ideas on. If you have been in this room before you may remember the old soccer pins with all the kids' pictures on them that used to hang from ribbons. Maybe this is a spot where some of them can go. BTW--how come my soccer pictures were always scheduled after my games so I am bright red, sweaty, with frizzy hair??






6 comments:
What a wonderful gift to your mom. Looks like it was done with so much love. I can't wait to live close to my family.
It looks amazing. I will pay you to do that for me in my house (when Jeff is actually making money!).
It really is an amazing transformation to a cozy inviting place and feels so good to be more simplified with my tons of fabric gone and unused items donated! Thank you Sarah dear daughter for your leadership and thoughtfulness in doing this for me AND another thanks to those who donated cash towards the cause. I appreciate how good my family is to me, the good examples they are, and I love them all very much!
:-)Connie Webb
Wow, good job Sarah and mom! I want to take up sewing at mom's now too! That's a big improvement. Happy Birthday mom!
You are great, Sarah. It looks terrific.
Sarah - that looks awesome! I'd like to see the before shot too! What a great place for your mom.
Post a Comment