Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Heart & Soul


All weekend long and most of today the girls have been pretending to be a cat and a dog. They were very eager to pose for this picture. Taylor is the cat. She has named herself "Heart" (just in time for V-Day). Kennedy is the dog, who I affectionately call "Soul" just to make myself smile. I have translated the ruffs and meows and we actually get along quite well this way. Today we made collars with little bells and name-tags on them. Maybe you can see them if you look at the picture closely. Of course this only encouraged them to fall further into this pretend pet world. Cute little imaginations. Every book we've read has to have cats or dogs as the main characters and I noticed that my little kitten (who has already birthed 2 litters by the way--this was interesting!) speaks in sign language. Sometimes I am ready to take them to the pound, but most of the time it is pretty sweet. One rule, however, is that the cat language/acting stays at home. It is super annoying in public. We don't want anyone to think we're weirder than we already are! Side note: Why do they call a group of small kittens a "litter" and the stuff they put in the litter box "litter" and when people drop their trash it is also "litter". Think about it. The English language has so many different meanings--Homonyms are so confusing!

6 comments:

The Close's Place said...

Look at those beautiful smiles. You're a wonderful mom playing into their games. Boys are soooooo different.

Brooke said...

Kennedy looks so grown up in this picture! Must be the pig-tails? What a cute mom you are... love the collars.

Nat~Nat said...

Kennedy's pigtails make great puppy dog ears! The pet tags and collars are fun! My Taylor loves to assign all of different species names. One day we're all different characters from "Blue's Clues", another day we're all different monster trucks, or Transformers. I think it's pretty fun.

Nat~Nat said...

Kennedy's pigtails make great puppy dog ears! The pet tags and collars are fun! My Taylor loves to assign all of different species names. One day we're all different characters from "Blue's Clues", another day we're all different monster trucks, or Transformers. I think it's pretty fun.

Ruth said...

Hi Sarah! Your girls are so cute! I can only tolerate my kids playing animals until they start kissing like the animal they are pretending to be. Most of the animals they like to be lick. A person can only stand so much licking right?! It's good to see you and your growing family!

Summer said...

So cute! Saylor informed me at the grocery store the other day "my name is baby kitty cat" I don't know whre she gets this stuff, but I had to cakll her by name to get her to do anything. She started calling me mommy kitty cat. Sadly, by sunday she was more interested in dinosaurs and I am now mommy dinosaur--I am not quite as fond of that name!

Related Posts with Thumbnails