Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I Wanna Talk about ME

(This pic is right after I dyed my hair DARK last November. I'm so glad that it's faded to a believable color. Behind me is my ultimate fav piece of art in my house. I fall asleep every night looking into the poppy countryside :)

How To Play This Game of Tag:
Post these rules on your blog. List: 3 joys, 3 fears, 3 goals, 3 current obsessions/collections, 3 random surprising facts about yourself. Tag 3 people at the end of your post by leaving their names. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog!

3 Joys
1. Family: My favorite thing is when we are doing something fun and everyone is in a good mood, laughing, singing and dancing. There's nothing cuter than seeing my husband play with the girls and smiling ear to ear.

2. Being outside: I grew up roaming the fields and I love to just be outside. Sometimes it's just playing at the park with my kids, gardening, eating lunch on the deck or reading in my backyard. I hate being cooped up in the house.

3. Learning: I think I could be the eternal student. I'm glad I'm not sitting in lectures all day long anymore, but I am fascinated with learning new things and finding new hobbies. I am a huge copier and love to persuade people to teach me their passion. Watch out, you're next. "Jack of all trades, master at none" is my mantra.

3 Fears

1. Never being able to move out of this tiny house because the housing market is so bad!

2. After watching Tim's father deal with dementia-like effects I worry that either Tim or I will deal with memory loss when we get older. It's so sad to have a lifetime of memories locked up in your brain and not being able to access them.

3. Losing my mom. My Grandma died before my mom was
married and I cannot even imagine what my life would be like without her 10 minutes up the road;a phone call away.

3 Goals

1. Read all the Newberry Award books. I started this goal a few years back. Between reading all kinds of other books, I try to find time to check off a few books on the list. (If you're a reader you need to try Goodreads.com...it's fun) After recently reading the Twilight series I am hooked again on reading and haven't missed my TV time. Why is there nothing on these days? Now that American Idol (go Archeletta! He is so cute!) is ending and the Bachelorette bugs me this season...my tv time is nearing non-existent. Even Oprah just doesn't hold my attention.

2. To stop worrying about having a clean house and play with my kids more. Don't worry, I still will clean, but am making a special effort to take time and play! I've noticed that the almost 5 years of being a mom have gone by way too fast.

3. Stay in shape through another pregnancy. I'm not pregnant yet, but I have worked hard to be healthy and want to keep it up so I can pop back. "Pop" seems like the wrong word choice in the same sentence as pregnancy. Ha...ouch.

3 Current Obsessions/Collections

1.Organizing. I remember grocery shopping with my mom
when I was little. I would organize the food in the cart according to categories because it bugged me when everything was strewn all over the place. Although I don't do that now (too busy wrangling 2 kids) I do love an organized house and would LOVE for this to be a side career. This is not to say that every space in my house is totally organized, but it's exciting to think about! I'm getting ready for a garage sale this weekend and I have been on a high all week purging my house of stuff and finding new purposes for the space. Plus, I love selling things and getting money for stuff I'm not using (or that was given to me for free)!

2. I wouldn't say I am a collector of anything. I love children's books and that would be my weakness. Especially at thrift stores and garage sales--gotta love a deal on a nice book. One of my favorite things is when my kids climb on my lap with a book, ask me to read it in a silly voice or quote from our favorites.

3. If I had lots of money I think I would collect beautiful plates. I love walking down the isles of Marshalls and Ross and looking at pretty plates and serving dishes. I have a few things so far, but only enough to throw my own tiny parties.


3 Random Facts


1. NMN is depressing: I always wanted a middle name when I was growing up so I gave myself one. I have found numerous entries in my journal signed "Sarah Samantha" or "Sarah Susan". I was so excited to have 2 girls and give them middle names...it's just fun!

2.I hate Disney merchandise. I'm sorry if this offends any of my Disney wearing/ collecting/ displaying friends, but it's true. Rarely will you see my children donning anything Disney. Pj's and undies are exceptions. We're going to Disneyland this summer and had to buy a $5 t-shirt here for the girls so they wouldn't beg us for the $40 ones there. But, that's about it. Winnie the Pooh counts as Disney for me. Basically anything with a character. I like to keep it simple. Call me picky.

3. It's hard for me to not covet other people's skin. Why couldn't I have been blessed with my father's nice olive skin? Instead I have freckles, moles, dots, stretch marks and whiteness galore. Maybe in my next life? Our kids also have no chance. You can tell that I truly love my husband to sacrifice this part of my children's future.

4. (One more for good luck) I love people who have boisterous laughs. Tons in my family do and I love being around people that fill the room with outbursts of laughter. I am more of a silent laugher, but every now and then I laugh until I cry.

Tagging:

All the 168 roomies!

5 comments:

Angela Weber said...

Sarah-
I was missing you so I read your blog. I don't have a middle name either. I was always kind of bitter about that.

Natierae said...

Amen to the Disney Character thing. No thanks. Pajamas are the only thing my kids can wear with that stuff. Plates huh? Thats actually kind of cool-

christina said...

I think you look soooo pretty...I like your hair dark.

Have fun at Disneyland!

tiny said...

Here here on the Disney merchandise. It is not welcome in my house or on my girls clothes.

Great talking to you the other night. I'll have to call you again soon!

Alexis said...

I love it! I feel like I know you so well, but yet, there is always something new to find out. I can't believe that you use to organize the groceries when you were young, maybe Taylor will inherit that and organize it for you while you take care of the other kiddos. But that would make for a good job, organizing peoples houses/offices. I can see it now.

Related Posts with Thumbnails