Thursday, May 29, 2008

Rose Sculpture


For our Memorial Day we went on a little nature walk at the Roseville Rose Sculpture. I had never been there, only seen it from the freeway. I remember when they put it in thinking "what is that supposed to be?" Up close I still wondered the same thing, however they have a nice reserve around the sculpture and some plaques etc telling about it and it made for a nice nature walk by the river. I love that the girls still stop to look at anything interesting, moving or dead. Next time we will bring our bikes and take the trail! A beautiful weekend for it.



I told Tim to get a picture of me too, just to document that I am part of this family. Years from now we may wonder as we look back at our albums and only see pictures of the girls and a few of Tim.


This would be a great place to come take some fun pictures in the wildflowers.


K the Monkey girl


That caterpillar was fierce!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know there was a whole trail and a river there! So, can you see the "rose" in the sculpture? Kids are cute as always. I know what you mean about getting pictures of you too. I have to ask Mike to take our picture too... like we're not as cute or something!

The Close's Place said...

Those girls are seriously all smiles!! Love trails like that, when we get back there in Aug., we'll have to go on some bike rides with you.

mj said...

so that was supposed to be a rose? huh...good thing I didn't take art history! your girls are seriously cute. what a fun family outing. we can go here with my fancy camera if you'd like.

Kaylynn said...

So that's what that thing is???? I remember the first time I visited Kyle here I was like WHAT IS THAT? He said just a statue - I thought "THIS PLACE IS WIERD!!!" Although I love living here now - I still think it is kinda wierd to have a giant red statue (I can't see the rose) along the freeway!!!! Anyway - cute pictures. And what a fun way to spend a holiday!

Nat~Nat said...

Ok, so the crazy rose scuplture supposedly looks like a rose if you fly over it in a plane or helicopter. I am dead serious. Art is sometimes very weird.

Also, I'll let you know when I finish "The Book". Jacci saw it at Walmart in Utah and told my mom that I NEEDED it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails