Sunday, February 07, 2010

Ready for THE story?

This picture pretty much sums up our last crazy month. We decided to take a job offer with my Uncle's company in Arizona! It was too good to pass up. We had 2 weeks to pack up and get to the desert!

We said goodbye to our house, which is still on the market. Our last 2 offers fell through. Anyone want to buy it? It's REALLy clean right now :)

We said goodbye to our families and lots of friends


And got on the road! G was a fantastic driver. We were SO lucky to have Mema with us for lots of help with the kids and to keep us in sanity check.

The Grapevine Pass was still snowy...
My Dad drove our moving van ahead of us and had actually unloaded it with my uncle and some ward people. Thank you so much! After a 14 hour drive it was amazing to sleep on our own mattresses in our new rental house.

Through all the unpacking Grant decided that he needed to crawl. So Mr Grant has been army crawling everywhere and getting into everything he possibly can. Oh, and this last week he also cut his first tooth! The boy has the best timing!! But, he's sure cute so I forgive him instantly.

Taylor started her new school, which is 5 minutes walking distance from our house. I LOVE this! I think it's been a hard adjustment for her. But, she'll get it soon and I'm so glad she's outgoing and not afraid to try new things.

Here's Tim and Tay on their first days of work and school. Work has been going well and Tim's excited to be part of a growing company that treats him awesome.

And here's the nicest mother in law in the WORLD! Mema: we could not have survived with out you! Thanks for taking over with the kids...they were in heaven! PS: we're all having Mema withdrawals.
We decided to paint most of the house and there was some other things that needed fixing. So, for the week the Mema was here we worked like maniacs trying to get it all done. We made a good dent in the long list...but I'm so glad we did. I'm sure I'll post some before/afters soon. This week without her has been SLOW MOVING I tell ya! With Kennedy's playmate at school, Tim at work and Grant crawling/teething....it has been harder. But, we are surviving and LOVING this weather! It's been in the high 60's and the sun feels so nice. I noticed a few of us whities already have a bit of sunburn. Ha! In the winter...great!

Here we are after church today. We're excited for this new adventure. We miss our old friends and family already. There's just something about knowing I can't just drive to my Mom's house in 15 minutes that makes me long for home.

Come see us anytime! We miss you all!

8 comments:

DaNette said...

WOW...Arizona! What an adventure you have been having. I think I would be having a mini break down with all of that happening but you are so optimistic! Best of luck with all the "new"'s.
I bet Marian is happy you guys are closer!
p.s. Way cute naked baby pict of Grant.

Melissa said...

I am so glad to see that you have made it to Az. safely and are adjusting well. I know it will be tough for awhile. Missing "home". But, you guys can do it! You have been in my prayers! I will miss you Sarah. You were my first friend when I moved to Roseville. You have been there for me and we have had SO much fun! ( Especially our night out with Keith! ) You are super outgoing, you will be the life of the party in no time.
Can you email me your address? Melena has a letter to send to Tay. Love you!!!

Krystal Trapnell said...

Wowee! What an adventure! Where in AZ are you? We are coming down to Mesa for spring break the first week of April. It would be awesome if we could get together! Love you and hope you settle in quickly!

Maureen said...

Oh Sara I never got to see you when you lived here, but reading this makes me miss you..Im excited for you and your sweet family..adventures are fun..

The Joys of Boys said...

Yesterday in Sunday School our teacher asked if there was ever a time in our life where we had to do something completely on faith not knowing how it would turn out. I automatically thought of our move to NV. It was SO hard at first but has been such a blessing to our family. Good luck with everything! If you are ever in Vegas visiting you better call!

b said...

finally you post!! yay! sister i'm so excited for you!! keep up the good work!

mj said...

i bet you are all breathing a little bit better now that you are in a house...it looks HUGE! can't wait to see more, and hear more adventures. Tell Tay to keep trying to make friends. I hope the "adjustment" period is brief.

Alexis said...

I feel a little out of the loop, since we didn't even know you were moving. Josh was just out in Cali too this last weekend. I do have to say that it makes applying to the AZ dental school seems a little more appealing. Since I didn't want to before. I hope that your list gets shorter and shorter. You are so great and making things look so cute that I know your home will be adorable.

Related Posts with Thumbnails