Friday, August 06, 2010

First Stop--Fresno!

Although this little man is super cute, he also has the worst timing. 2 minutes after strapping him in his carseat for the 13 hour ride to CA, he pukes. Why do my kids always get sick on long car rides? We were in the driveway!!

That was a long car ride. One I would rather forget. But it gets worse before it gets better.
Around 2am we roll up to our hotel in Fresno...so excited to get out of the car! And to get out of puked up clothes, carseat and every beach towel we pulled out of the luggage. Boy were we glad for the hotel's unlimited towel service. Sorry to the clean up crew, but that's what you get for not having porta-cribs. Have you ever heard of hotels w/o porta-cribs? Where do baby's sleep I ask? Oh, the parents usually bring their own cribs--ha ha. I guess I am not well traveled because that had never happened to us before. Oh well. We were too tired to care.

In the morning we woke up to see this beautiful couple get married in the Fresno temple.

What a gorgeous day and Alyssa and Jesse are so happy!

Tim and Mike--all business all the time. It's their motto.

Cousins picture

The rest of the day we ate, slept, swam at Brinks and Grant got a blessing and we had a beautiful experience. He still wasn't keeping anything down all day, so that evening after we drove back to Loomis I took him in to the ER at 1am. After 5 hours of waiting (this felt like eternity!) we finally saw a doctor and after a couple of IVs, a few popsicles and lots of stress and worry and crankiness we came home after 12 hours in that stinky hospital. This was one of the hardest things I've done as a mother. It's the worst feeling to feel so helpless. And to see your baby with an IV is just scary. Rest of the trip to be continued...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails