We're trying out the transition from highchair to booster chair. So far he makes just as much mess! This kid can really eat. Want to hear what he has for breakfast? Today it was 2 tangerines, 1 egg, half a banana and about a cup of homemade oatmeal. Usually he can down another egg or some yogurt. I think he's having a growth spurt. We better set up a separate "feeding Grant" account now just to be able to afford him when he hits a teenager!
My little man LOVES shoes. We took a picture of him in Dad's shoes this time, but usually it's Mom's high heels, Kennedy's princess dress up shoes or some other sparkly sister shoe :) It's pretty impressive to see him trot around in my 3 inch platforms. It just looks so wrong. Ha!
Grant's language skills have taken off too. Even 2 months ago I was worried we needed some intervention and my Aunt Gwen (a speech pathologist) taught us lots of tips to get his tongue in the right position etc. She is a miracle worker! We went from about 40-50 words to lots of phrases and "sentences". It's so sweet to hear him try and tell us what's on his mind. My favorite is when he said, "I yoove you Mommy". Heart melter!
This particular morning Grant finished his own breakfast marathon and then went around to everyone's leftover oatmeal and polished off all the rest! Poor kid is starving.We love him! He is a sweet little soul. Out of all my kids he seems to be the biggest snuggler so far. Yes!! He's his Daddy's little mini. He loves to read books and play trains. He's not too into cartoons or watching movies yet (wait...maybe he's not his Dad's son??). About 7am is when he starts calling "Momeeeeeeeee, Momeeeeeee...." (Why is it never Dadeeee???") until I come get him out of his crib. He hasn't tried climbing out yet either. What a good boy. He can now open doors, including the slider door to the backyard. The other day he climbed UP the 8 ft. slide with his bare feet. I have a video on my phone. Maybe I'll try to post it someday.
I still get stopped all the time by strangers in public to tell me how they LOVE his hair. It's definitely got some red in it! I think it's going to be more of a strawberry blonde like Taylor's. Grant is very loud at home and makes sure his opinion in noted. At the gym daycare and nursery he turns into a mute who prefers to people watch. As soon as he gets home he tries out all the things he's watched other kids do. It's quite entertaining and very obvious that he is testing out certain behaviors.
I have to say that having 3 kids is awesome. Raising a son is so sweet and a totally different experience. Love it!



4 comments:
what a fun growing boy - we love you Granty!
Gma Webb
he and jack should be in an eating contest together.
he sounds like a really sweet boy. are you guys coming to visit this summer? we would love to see you!
what a sweetie! I need to see him! Hopefully I have the chance to raise a son next! cute boy.
He's getting so big! And more handsome all the time.
Post a Comment