Grandma came to the last 3 days of our swim lessons this year. The last 2 days I was at Girls Camp for church and took the kids on her own. She was up for anything!She was very patient with this little guy
He loves the water to play in...but I think he found it annoying to be told what to do!This was the first time I had ever done a Mommy and Me class. Since I taught swim lessons for lots of years, I always figured that it was pointless to pay someone to teach me how to play with my child in the water. That is, until I had 3! Now I will gladly fork over the money to be in the water DURING swim lessons instead of watching and roasting in the AZ weather.
Grant was supposed to learn how to blow bubbles, do the back / front floats, KICK, jump in, climb out, move along the wall etc. But, he mostly wanted to be toted around like a blob. In the bath at home he blows bubbles and kicks like a crazy man, so it was a little maddening that he wouldn't do anything. Oh well. We had fun and got used to being in the water :)
Kennedy is a little fish! Last year she learned to swim pretty well with her survival swim class. This year she's working on doing some strokes and coming up for a breathe. She's improving lots and even jumped off the diving board on the last day of class! I was sad to miss that milestone. I'm proud of her.
Taylor continues to do really well too. She had a grandpa as her teacher and that was a little surprising. But, she did great and loves to dive off the diving board too. Maybe next year we'll check out swim team.
My favorite part of swim lessons was chatting with the other moms while our toddlers refused to float on their backs. It was kinda chilly! I don't get to do many things with JUST Grant, so I enjoyed some extra cuddle time and play time with my sweet boy. He loves to say "swimmin' Momma!" until we get in the water and he begs for the "tooowl" (towel).



No comments:
Post a Comment