Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Play and a Parade

Our local library put on the play "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe". It was a 2 man play where they changed character throughout the performance...Amazing job! Grant even sat through the entire performance intrigued by all the costumes and accents. He did jump when they put on the lion mask. The girls had seen the movie, so were able to follow along the storyline pretty well.

This year for Veterans Day we followed the crowd to the parade in Phoenix. We brought donuts and stuffed ourselves while we waited for it to begin. The girls were SOO excited to see the parade and cheer for all the participants. Taylor yelled at the top of her lungs "Thank you for your service!!!" to anyone that looked official, and so Kennedy joined in too. It was an amazing feeling to honor the veterans of war. I can't help but get chocked up when I think of all the things they have sacrificed to protect our country. They even had some Pearl Harbor Vets and some cute little grandmas in cheerleader uniforms--I was impressed!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails