
The end of the soccer season was fantastic! And I don't just say this as a tired/pregnant mom that is loving having her Monday/Wednesday/Thursday evenings and Sat mornings back!!
Kennedy was thrilled to receive her first trophy and medal for the U6 team. She had so much fun practicing and playing with her friends. I will miss this outlet for her...although she is not sure she wants to play again next year. Maybe we'll try gymnastics next.
Taylor's team went into the tournament in 2nd place, but surprisingly lost both games and came in 4th place for her division. However, she was chosen by her team-mates to compete in the All Star game for U8. It was exciting to see all the best players play each other and really have some competition. Taylor had the best play I've ever seen in U8!! A boy on her team kicked a perfect corner kick into the air and Taylor headed it into the goal, scoring a point. Tim got it all on film and hasn't stopped talking about it since. A true "proud parent" moment. I even shed some tears--it was that exciting! And did I mention that I'm pregnant and cry during commercials... Tim's probably sent it off to College Soccer scouts already!



No comments:
Post a Comment