Monday, July 10, 2006

My Attempt

I just made a new commitment to myself to be better at journal writing and documenting the things in my life. I love reading my friend's blogs, but I have always been too lazy to do it....no more! I know I can make this a priority and hopefully I'll be able to print them out some how to put in my girl's books when (and if) they are interesting enough.

Testing it out

So I am trying this blogging thing out. I love reading other people's blogs...and I thought this might be a great way to vent at the end of the day and to keep in touch with my friends that live faraway now. Here's the latest happening with each family member, excerpts from a recent family letter. No one ever told us how busy our lives would be with only 2 kids. Hats off to anyone that has survived it in one piece! The Watfords have a lot going on right now. We have been in our new house for about 5 months and we are finally starting to feel like we really live here. Most of the decorating is done, we’re working on the backyard some and we have yet to get that garage organized. The next thing to do is put up a mantel over the fireplace. It’s fun to be homeowners!

Tim is as busy as ever. He still works hard at Hertz Car Rental and loves driving all the new cars home to show them to me. The other day he drove home in a brand new Jeep Wrangler with the top down. We took the girls for a windy ride and they loved it. Taylor is already getting a taste for fast cars. Tim was also just called as the new Young Men’s President at church. His first order of business was to cancel the “Snow Cave Camping Trip” because of bad weather. I could tell that he wasn’t as sad as he let on to the boys…he likes to stay warm. However, he just had a blast on the combined snow trip with the youth. He came home bragging that he was the only one that went down on the sled head first. I think sometimes he forgets that he’s turning 30 this year (I just had to get that in here!!) He is an outstanding Daddy and loves to play with our little girls.

Taylor is 2 ½ and loves to tell everyone. She now says that she is Tay Tay Emma Waffod. She usually introduces her sister as “my baby Kenny Mae…she’s 2 months” I hope that it’s the normal thing for this age to do odd things. For the past month she has been walking around with Kennedy’s baby socks on her hands. She calls them her “glubs” and insists on sleeping in them too. Before that she wanted to suck on plastic lids (like a pacifier) and she has a new fetish with the Madagascar song “I Like to Move it Move it”. It’s hilarious to watch her dance and sing to that song. We’ve been working on writing the letter “T” and recognizing other letters. She loves to color and sing. When the weather permits, we visit the park on a daily basis. We also love the library. Books are still her favorite thing. I can tell she’s going to be one of those kids that tries to secretly read books with a flashlight under the covers at night. She is such a bundle of energy and everyday is exciting to see what she will do next. I’ve only had to call Poison Control Center once so far…for a toothpaste overdose.

Kennedy Mae is almost 3 months old! She is growing so fast, even though she doesn’t weigh that much (about 11 lbs.). Smiling is her newest thing and we’ve gotten her to giggle a few times. She loves to watch Taylor. I think they will be the best of friends like me and my sisters. I can’t wait. She is starting to grab at toys and she loves to kick her legs when she’s excited. Kennedy is such a sweet baby and such a great sleeper for Mama. She only wakes up around 5 am to eat and then go back to sleep again. We think she is a good combination of the Webb/Watford looks…although Auntie Hilary did say that she has the Bushman ears.

I don’t have to try too hard to stay busy. I think that’s just a given with the Mom job description. I go crazy staying at home too long, so we try to get out a lot. We were very blessed to have a healthy delivery with Kennedy (Dec. 7th) and a quick recovery. My mom was there to help and we’ve had lots of family support. It’s been awesome to live closer to family this time. It sure makes a difference! My 2 new callings are being a Relief Society teacher and also the Temple Prep. class teacher. I’m really excited to learn lots of new things and get to know our ward better. I’m learning how to balance going into public with both children. With lots of practice, I think we’re finally getting the hang of it. I just got hired to be a wedding decorator for some family friends. It’s much more fun to shop with other people’s money! If I had the time and storage space I would love to get into this business…it’s so fun. I plan on training for the upcoming 5K in our area. That’s my goal so I can get back into those “skinny jeans”. Who knew pushing a double stroller up hills could be so good for the abs?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey I would love to get going on some emailing with you. I am crazy for it. bryanbecca@cox.net drop me a line. Love you cous.

Related Posts with Thumbnails