Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Goin' on a Jungle Hunt


Please notice the authentic jungle vest


Taylor comparing observations in her jungle hunt notebook

Binoculars that she kept calling her "swim goggles"


This week we're learning about the letter "J" and so we've had a jungle theme at our house. It has been really fun for the whole family, actually. Yesterday Taylor and I made a Jungle vest and bionoculars for the Jungle Safari that took place this morning. As soon as she woke up she was ready to hunt down the jungle animals all over our house. She was on the floor crawling, searching with her binocs for these animals. It was great! (By the way Krystal if you're reading this--Skinks were in our jungle book and I can't believe those things are in your garage in Florida! Taylor was very worried for you when I told her about your new pets ;) I hid the animals for her first, and then she hid them for me, and then she wanted to do this about 20 more times throughout the day. I love activities that keep her busy the ENTIRE day. If anyone knows Taylor, you know that she requires a lot of attention. I love her to death---but she drains me. She's also the thing that keeps me going too. Her energy is contagious and I hope she keeps this trait as she grows through life. I think we'll be making some kind of jungle animal mask tomorrow and we might play with some jungle face paint. I found this recipe online at my favorite spot http://www.everythingpreschool.com/recipes/paint/face.htm
They have another recipe for edible peanut butter playdough that sounds yummy too.

2 comments:

Krystal Trapnell said...

Let me clarify by saying the skinks in the garage are small compared to some I've seen in pet stores. Also, like I said, they are very afraid of me. I'm impressed with all the work you went to to keep Taylor busy. She's a lucky girl!

Sara Louise Vernon said...

Wow... you are my idol. I hope I didn't get too burned out from teaching to be a good teacher for my own kids. But, WOW, that is a lot of work and I really admire you for doing it. My poor kids will have to learn their letters from Sesame Street!

Related Posts with Thumbnails