On a whim, I posted our old couches on craigslist to see if anyone would want them for my asking price ($100 less than what we paid for them new...6 years ago). And, we got a ton of responses and were able to sell them within a week. Then, we decided maybe we should go couch shopping (!) so that we wouldn't have to be on the blow-up mattress (that had been doubling for our couch in the meantime) forever. We must have searched 15 stores before we found what we were looking for. I must say that it was exhausting to do this with whiny children in tow. Thanks to my mom for telling us about the store after all hope was almost lost and gone forever. So--we basically got a new couch for free and only had to buy the new chair! It's a curse to be this thrifty...

New couch--the picture is pretty dark looking, but it's a dark brown leather. I love them and it's changed the whole look of our living room. We feel like grown-ups now--No more country style. Well, not as much. I'll always be a "little bit country".





1 comment:
Beautiful couches!!! I want some
Post a Comment