This pic was taken the last time I was in the same room with him at the BYU Hinckley Alumni and Visitor's Center dedication. I never got to shake his hand.


I love President Hinckley! He will forever be one of my favorite prophets as he has been the prophet all of my adult life. Whenever I hear him speak or see him I feel comfortable and warm. He is such a sweet little man and has done amazing things to further the work of our church. I know he is probably so excited to be reunited with his wife. I will miss him greatly.
I remember when I went to a BYU devotional while I was a student there. He was the speaker and the entire Marriott Center filled with students to listen to his counsel. As soon as he walked into the stadium everyone stood up and began to sing "We Thank Thee O God For a Prophet". This is like 20,000 people! He was so humble and just waved and waved. (I love it now that he has a cane...he would wave that thing instead of use it much!) I felt the spirit so strong that day as it was confirmed to me that Heavenly Father chooses these men to lead our church and guide us through direct revelation.
I found a beautiful history of his life in the Salt Lake Tribune if you want to check it out.



No comments:
Post a Comment