Thursday, April 24, 2008

Our Garden

Planting the garden, family night style
Kennedy hasn't been feeling well this week and so Tim stayed in the house with her
( I bet you can imagine how quickly he volunteered...)


My parents are kind enough to let us help plant the garden this year and reap the benefits. It was so fun to plan out what veggies we wanted, decide where they are going and get our hands dirty. I love being outside and I miss having a big yard. Growing up I don't think I enjoyed it much because I didn't have a choice to help, but now I find that I love planting, weeding and seeing what grows. This year we planted tons of corn, tomatoes, Bok Choy (Dad had lots of these seeds for some reason?) and some peppers & herbs. I'm excited to plant some zucchini and butternut and yellow squash once the rest is tilled and ready. How awesome it will be to save all this money on vegetables this summer and it'll be yummy, fresh and organic. Am I the only one that's been scared lately with all this talk of pesticide and other yucky stuff that's all over our food? We'll have to take some pics of the garden when it grows. Taylor found 2 cocoons while we were there. They were kind of a soft shell that move in your hand! Yikes. This made for an exciting show and tell the next day at preschool.

4 comments:

mj said...

kennedy looks so sad! good work on the veggie garden...if it is too abundant for your consumption needs you can always pass some our way!

tiny said...

I miss grandpa's garden! Last year our gardening efforts didn't go so well. This year we planted pole beans around the tree in our front yard, and so far they are out of the ground. Now I just need to find places to plant other things. Gardening is fun and good for the kiddos, plus it is in their blood! :)

Nat~Nat said...

I'm trying to decide if I'm brave enough to plant a few things this year. I haven't had the best luck in the past, but home grown produce is the best!

Fattastic said...

Your girls are adorable. I love seeing pictures of your family. It reminds me of the good old days I spent in Loomis. I miss those gardens too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails