Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Duck....Duck....

GOOSE!
See the little arrow? We're having a BOY!!

I can't believe all those wives tales were accurate....and if you really want to know the technique we tried to get a boy, call me. I'm a believer now :0

. . . . . . . . . . .

So I truly am not sure what to do with a boy yet. I'm super excited to see Tim be a rough and tumble Daddy with a son. He's needed one. It's pretty sweet to see my hubby play tea parties, put in pig-tails (he is getting pretty good!), watch princess movies etc...but now it's going to be a whole different side of him. Plus, if this little boy turns out to be a red-head we might be in trouble. If you are married to a redhead, have dated one or have a red sibling etc you may know what I mean! I asked the ultrasound technician if she could tell if his hair was red and she said tried, but to no avail.

It was fun to tell the girls the news. Taylor was thrilled--she's been hoping for a brother. She likes the name Zackary and has been calling him "Lil Z". Rapperesque, no? Kennedy was not too thrilled (yet!)--she wanted a sister. I know she'll come around and be excited to be a big sister now. I wrote "I am a BOY" on my tummy to surprise them and they were pretty confused how those words got there. Fun times! Send any cute boy names my way that would flow with our family.

17 comments:

H Webb said...

CONGRATZ!!!!! NOW BOYS ARE COMING!!! You will do juz fine with a boy! I'm so thrilled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mj said...

You were right!! yeah!!! good news is that you have lots of friends with little boys who can help you out! bring on the trucks and choo choos!!!!

congrats! we will be late tomorroww...sorry!

and I like litl' z...things kindergarten teaches children ;o)

Julia Kelly said...

Yeah! How exciting! You'll have so much fun with a boy...and you're right it will bring out a whole different side of you and of your husband. :)
Congrats!

tiny said...

Hurray a boy! That is what I am hoping for next time, whenever that will be. :) You just had to even out the grandkids on the Webb side, 3 girls, 3 boys. Have fun collecting little boy items.

KLC said...

Congrats! That is so awesome!

Krystal Trapnell said...

YAY! I'm so excited for you! And I would like some pointers on the "procedure" because I'm not sure Jeff can handle any more girls.:) Do you have my number? Call me!

Kaylynn said...

I am so excited for you. You will love having a boy. There is just something special between moms and their boys. I can't wait to meet him no matter what name you come up with.

The Joys of Boys said...

I'm so excited for you!! I was hoping you'd have a boy! I want to know the technique for having a girl. LOL! Congrats!

Maureen said...

BOYS ROCK! They love to tease their sisters, thats for sure! Tim will have a blast. My brothers name is Zachery, I love him and his name! Congradulations!

Alexis said...

Hurray! I'm glad that you'll be able to experience raising a boy. They are a lot of fun, a little less emotional drama but more physical drama. Can't wait to see the litte fella. Oh, and if our next one is a boy his middle name will be Grant, you are welcome to use it too. Good luck!!

The Close's Place said...

So fun!! You are so glowy in your pic :)

Sheree said...

Congrats!!! What I want to know it how to get a girl. My husband swears there are only boys left in Heaven!

Sarah said...

the method supposedly works for choosing whatever sex you want...call me you girl wanting friends :) OR just google "shettles method" it's pretty interesting.

disclaimer: You can't be mad at me for the rest of your child's life if it doesn't work for you...that would be a lot of pressure!

The Lencioni's said...

Congratulations, boys are so much fun!!! And, Kaylynn is right, there is a special bond between mother and son, different than mother and daughter.

DaNette said...

Yay! We are excited for you guys and he is going to be uber adorable too! I can just see Tim's hair and Kennedy's sweet face on a little boy awww...
Enjoy!

Sunny said...

Yippee!!! Hooray for a boy. How fun, you'll have both genders represented now. You will love seeing Tim with a boy too. I'd like to see Clay with a girl, we'll have to try that method next time around! Congrats! Oh, we love the name Zackary too - but ours is with an H. Miss you! Want some photos of your cute belly when you start to show!

amber said...

I was thinking it was about time for you to add on to your cute little family.. so I checked your blog and PRESTO! You will have the best time with your son, there is just something about the mother son bond. I love it ! Congrats and best wishes!

Related Posts with Thumbnails