Thursday, March 12, 2009

Dreaming Big--Kindergarten Style

Taylor enjoys writing so much! She is getting so great at spelling phonetically and using lots of exclamation points!!! She is always excited about whatever she's writing. We got her report card yesterday and she is doing fabulous in every area (except maybe those few tardies, which are MY fault :). I loved to see how proud she was when we were reading her report card aloud. She really tries so hard and is an excellent citizen too. Kindergarteners are so sweet.

So, what do we do to celebrate good grades? (I wasn't aware this started in Kindergarten) Tim's family always got money for all A's and my family just gave a high 5? I don't remember....but Tim had Taylor make a HUGE LONG list of all the options for her reward. He told her to "Think BIG" because this is something to celebrate! It was pretty sweet to see the things that would be rewarding for her. Tim assured me that we would instil reason later. Sometimes we are not of the same reasonable page. But, it doesn't hurt to dream big.

The rewards included:
Go to Marian's house in Vegas (this one is my vote, too)
Go to my cousin's house (Kris and Ali's)
Go to John's Incredible Pizza (ps-the pizza is NOT incredible, besides the price!)
Go to the park (now she's talkin' in our budget range)
Go to the movie theater
Go to Applebees
Have a party-sleep over
Invite over 5 girls and 5 boys (sounds dangerous)
Any of them!

7 comments:

M&M Kanet said...

Oh, that is the sweetest thing ever!!!!! (Those exclamation points are for you Taylor!!!!!) I'm with Taylor on her first choice. Come see me! I love Taylor's writing - she is doing extremely well! I also like how you let her make a list of things she would enjoy - great parenting!

mj said...

too cute..she is growing up way to fast! we all got to go out to ice cream for FHE. When we got older we got to not lose privileges. (bad grades = a lot more studying time)

Alexis said...

I use to get money for good grades too, but mine were only in high school. So what reward did she end up getting? I love the things that they come home with.

Angel said...

Congratulations Taylor!

Angel said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Megan Gery said...

great reward idea. we never got anything that i can remember, maybe a special dinner or something.

GaRNiTuRe said...

Hi- you don't know me but I found your blog through a friend of a friend's-- I just opened a little hair clip shop & thought you might like to take a look!
www.garnitureclips.blogspot.com

Enjoy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails