Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Don't let these sweet faces fool you....

These girls were up to some mischief this weekend!

I swear I left the room for 5 minutes!

I swear!

Before I knew it, Taylor comes screaming to me,
"Mom! Come quick!! Kennedy is cutting her hair!!"

As soon as I get to the crime scene Kennedy pleads,

"But, Taylor did it too..."

Oh No? Oh Yes.

My 5 year old cut her hair and then handed the scissors over to Kennedy with a ziplock bag to put the hair in. Good thing she told on her quickly before it got bad!

Although it turned out cute, Miss Kennedy decided to give herself some bangs and new side layers. Not too shabby after fixing it up...but I was pretty mad! I don't know how you calm mothers out there take the time to take pictures during these situations. All I could do from not screaming was leave the room (there may have still been some screaming!).

Later Taylor fesses up and brings me the ziplock baggie that she had stashed her hair trimmings into. What a stinker! I left her hair how it was for her own punishment :) Luckily she only took a chunk out of the side. Oh well! I thought we had passed this stage, but I guess it was my turn.

13 comments:

Krystal Trapnell said...

It does look cute! I secretly wish someone would take a chunk out of Allie's so she would be forced to go shorter. It's going to be a battle to get hers cut!

Alexis said...

I really hope that Megan NEVER does that. There would definately be screaming involved and she would probably be sent to her room for a good while so that I could cool off. I love that you left Taylors hair for her to live with what she did.

Morgan said...

Oh fun. The only one of our who ever did that was Hailey - not very long after Jonathan was born she cut her hair A LOT, into a perfect mullet in fact. It was hideous, but also so hilarious that we had to hide our faces so she wouldn't see us laughing about it. I got it cut first thing the next morning, lest people should think that the mullet was something I chose for my daughter (it was that good that people would have thought it was on purpose!) At least you got there before it got too bad!

Ruth said...

Emily is the only one of ours that has attempted the self-hair cut. IT makes it easier to get through if you remember that it's only hair and it will grow back. I also believe that the screaming is o.k. in this situation. Maybe if you let them see how scary it can be to cut their own hair then they won't do it EVER again!? Kennedy looks cute with her new do!

Maureen said...

Crystal cut her bangs completely, she just had stubble, no where else just the bangs, already a hair dresser, I want to frame it to put in her station. Something some girls just have to do, maybe hair school is in her future. Shes still a little doll..

Kaylynn said...

Don't worry - I'm not one of those calm moms. I''m the mad mom!

Melissa said...

Miss Melena did that to her hair when we lived in Roseville. I left it , and didn't fix it. I wanted her to learn from it. I was SO mad. I know how you feel. I too, was so mad I didn't take pictures. I now keep ALL scissors up and away. Kids, the things that they will do!

mj said...

well it does look cute. i think it makes her look older. i guess they did learn something at the emergency preparedness fair on saturday!

Megan Gery said...

Kelsey cut her hair when we were little. And I got in trouble for it. Kennedy's hair is pretty cute though. I guess it could be worse!

binks said...

I didn't give them any ideas! I promise! lol Kenna does look so cute with bangs!!

The Lencioni's said...

I would not have been able to take pictures either. I would have screamed so loud Jim would hear me at work. Like Kaylynn though I am a mean mom too.

Evelyn said...

I think she looks cute. I had a friend cut off 13 inches of curls when she was 3 with her dad's beard trimmer. At least she didn't cut a chunk off at the scalp or something crazy like that

Mellanie Horne said...

Ahh the joys. My friend with little girls said that its something inherent in girls that when they have scissors they immediately go for the hair. Hey, did you know Brooke is pregnant and having a little boy this month!! Crazy! Have you picked a name out? I don't remember if you told me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails