Sunday, March 28, 2010

She can go for days....


I wanted to write this down before I forget. I love being a mom on days like this:

Tonight I was in a silly mood and started telling Kennedy a story while she snuggled up in my lap. The story was about a sweet little girl with brown hair and blue eyes and an adorable laugh named "Shmennedy". I went on and on about this Shmennedy Shmae. How she eats her snacks at the table (we tell her this at least 5 times a day lately!) and chooses healthy things (5 times / day) and shares with her baby brother Shmant (5 times a day!). I cannot tell you how focused she was. This story seemed so familiar?? Of course Taylor was interested too about the little girl Shmaylor who was a big helper and always told the truth.

Seriously try this with your kids. I had such a fun time teasing (and dropping hints of proper behavior) and they wanted me to keep going and going. They never listen this well to any story I tell. Taylor was going nuts! I kept having to reassure her that she didn't know this family the Shmatfords that lived in Shmarizona!! I am still smiling about it. Tomorrow there may be a new plot about the sweet Shmatford kids who make their beds and do their chores and how happy the Shmom and Shmad become! Is this what brainwashing is all about? If so--love it!

In other news...
Miss Taylor loves to hula hoop! She is so cute doing it. She gets a very focused game face on with her DJ hands and practices over and over while we count the seconds. The other day I was saying "Go Taylor, Go Taylor...it's your birthday...go Taylor!" and she stopped and stared at me so confused. Kennedy was dumbstruck. It's my birthday? What??? It really made me laugh!

2 comments:

M&M Kanet said...

you are such a fun tease Sarah! I can totally picture this happening. Now I can tell them all sorts of stories about growing up with my sister named Shmarah :)

mj said...

such a pefectionist! "i am still practicing on it" LOVE the playroom! totally jealous of your rug! love the story too...maybe today we will have stories about shmarter who lives in shmalifornia who doesn't jump on the couch and takes a nap every day!?

Related Posts with Thumbnails