Monday, April 12, 2010

Playroom Art Gallery

I've been picking up frames from yard sales and thrift stores for a couple weeks in hopes of painting them black and making an empty frame wall in the den. I also wanted to hang the girl's artwork in the playroom to add some creativity and color. So, I combined the projects instead and just framed some art!

Spray painted the frames a fun turquoise and distressed them a bit to match the chair seats I recovered and lined them up how I wanted them hung on the wall

I found this idea for making hanging frames easier somewhere on the web. I will never go back to another method--so easy! You just trace the frame onto paper (I have a huge roll of newsprint that we use for art galore...) and you mark where the nail needs to go on the paper. Tape them up on the wall and play with the space until it looks right. Then, you hammer the nail into the marked spot right on top of the paper and pull off the paper. It works out perfect! No measuring, no 5 holes, no husband fixing my mistakes :)...love it!

The girls are thrilled to have their art on the wall and I think it's inspired them to keep creating. We have our own art gallery in our house with quite the local artists! Grant had to be represented, so he got his footprint up there too. It will be easy to switch out art as we want.

3 comments:

Evelyn said...

Awesome idea! I want to do something like that when Kensie is old enough to have art that isn't just scribbles. Love the turquoise!

KLC said...

You really are scrappy! So cute...

mj said...

i LOVE it! you are sooooo clever! gives me ideas for my own playroom...

Related Posts with Thumbnails