Friday, April 23, 2010

Going on a Polliwog hunt...

Next to our house there is a Wash that has a sweet bike path. We have been trying to go everyday...especially while it's still nice weather. Kennedy is getting better about going up the hills and not panicking down the hills. I am amazed at how much endurance my tiny girl has! One day we passed a little stream and so we stopped to look at some polliwogs. We tried to catch something...anything...but without luck. The next day we brought some old cups and we had devised a plan. The first scoop we were successful! We ended up with 2 big ones and a bunch of small babies. When we got home we put them in a vase to watch. We learned all about the life cycle of a frog and did some fun activities together. She even checked out a bunch of books at the library about frogs. So, we were pretty excited to show our new "pets" to Daddy when he got home. The first thing he said was, "You know those are really minnows, right?" Ha! Oops, small details! Tim thought since I grew up in the country that I should know this. And yes, yes I should. I was wondering why they had extra fins!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Ha! Ha! That is cute, thinking polliwogs were minnows! Thanks for the fun reminders of childhood!

Related Posts with Thumbnails