Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Mae


Posted by Picasa
When did she grow up all of a sudden? Kennedy is coming into her own personality--FULL FORCE. I barely had to encourage her to make all these different poses. She loves to smile and is SO giggly lately. All I have to do is crouch down like a tiger and she starts laughing in hysterics, running away. She is so much fun. Tim and I have kept her up later at night than Taylor a few times in the past week because she's had a late nap. The time alone is amazing without anyone bugging her, stealing her dolls, jumping in on the attention. She loves to have her own space (and who wouldn't love all the attention of both parents at the same time!). Her vocabulary has grown leaps and bounds in the past few months too. Full sentences and beyond. I love to listen in while she is putting her babies nigh night. She sings to them, feeds them, puts them in time out (!) and is a sweet little mother with an even sweeter "mother" voice that she uses. I can't stop thinking about how Kennedy is at the age now that Taylor was when she was born...both 2 years 4 months. Kennedy would love a little sibling; she is obsessed with any baby around and will just sit by the baby in the car seat and stare, fascinated. Taylor has shortened her name and only calls her Mae. They are working on getting along together better. They have a few moments where they play nicely, but I swear the rest of the time they are fighting. I'm sure my sisters and I did the same, but it is so sad to me as a mother to see them at each other all the time when they could be such great playmates! The girls just earned a "family bike ride" as the reward for filling up a marble jar...one sister marble at a time for getting along. This took a long time. Funny thing is that all they do is miss each other when they're not together. Love and hate, slowly whittling out the hate.

3 comments:

M&M Kanet said...

She is so funny! I think a new baby is a good idea for Kenna's sake. Just do it!

Anonymous said...

Come on Sarah!!! Time for another infant!!!!

LOVE
Aunt Holly

Alexis said...

I can't believe how big she is getting, I really miss you guys. I think it is funny cuz we keep Bryson up later than Megan sometimes too, he is such a crack up, he gets a second wind without Megan. I love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails