Monday, July 07, 2008

Newport & Balboa

Riding the ferry to Balboa Island

We had a blast last week at Newport Beach and Balboa Island. I had never been there before, but now I want to live there permanently! The weather was perfect (we barely needed a light sweater at night) and there were so many fun things to do. Plus we got out of smoky Roseville and it was so refeshing to see the blue of the sky and clouds! Crazy how I usually take these things for granted. We stayed for 3 nights before going to Disneyland. Mema came with us and it was so nice to have built-in/ live-in help with the girls, which made is seem like more of a vacation. Thanks MEMA! The Hyatt Regency down there is gorgeous and we were super spoiled with all the luxury. Multiple times we felt like we were in Hawaii. Tim and I even escaped a few times in the evening for some nice walks and enjoyed the live bands / hotub / bunny chasing (they were everywhere on the golf course at night!) at the resort.

Kyla, Uncle Kris and Taylor

Playing at the beach with the Watfords. After a few minutes the water was pretty warm and it was awesome to play in the waves! Tim, Kris, Joses, Kyla and I tried doing some body surfing/ riding the waves in. I had not done this in years! So FUN! Only a few times did I tumble underwater and feel like my lungs were coated with salt. Kris was so sweet with Taylor and took her out to hop some waves too.


Tay relaxing by a fountain at the mall--yes, the mall! We had to get some shopping in. Tim and I even hit the local Steve & Barry's and checked out Sarah Jessica Parker's store Bitten where everything was $8.98--we went wild and stocked up for the year! There were tons of cute boutique stores on the island too...fun to look. I did score a pair of mustard yellow high heels :)

Sarah & Kennedy on Balboa Island pier

Tay in the sun. We did get sunburn--through 2 applications of 70 spf. We really are all a bunch of whities.

The houses were so amazing...I had to take pictures. Everyone was decked out with 4th of July decor and it was so festive and patriotic. The house above was my favorite. Someday I will have a beautiful porch that I can drape my flags on.

Kennedy on a Balboa Island pier. We saw a ton of fishermen and lots of mackeral being caught. One girl even caught a 4 ft long sand shark. It was awesome to watch her reel it in and see it close-up, and maybe a bit scary too. A shark for dinner?

Cousins
We need a beach in our backyard. They played for hours and got along so great!

3 comments:

The Close's Place said...

What a fun vacation!! Did you know that my bro lives in Newport? He loves it so much and we'll probably never get him back up North.

Nat~Nat said...

I'm so jealous!!! One of my all time favorite places!!! If you liked the 4th of July decorations, you should see the Christmas lights. They do a cruise in Newport Harbor to see the lighted housed on the water. I used to go every year when we lived down there! Did you get a Balboa Bar??? Yummmy!!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG Kyla's little body is so tight andsexy I would love to be inside herpussy

Related Posts with Thumbnails