
The day started at 5:30am when Tim and I awoke to our children getting up because they were so excited for today! Taylor has been counting down the days all summer (literally!) for this day! She has been talking about her cute teacher since we met her (her hair color, her headband, what she was wearing, how pretty she is etc).
She looks so little next to this big sign---and this is about the time it hit me...my little girl is so little, but so big! She is so ready for Kindergarten and will love every second of it. I hope Mrs LaDuke is ready for a pet :)
She pretty much walked in the door, found her nametag, sat down at a table and was good to go. I did not think that this would get to me. I am so ready for her to be in Kindergarten too, but I tried to hide my tears as this new chapter in our lives started. I walked out the door and Taylor started the first day of many years of school. Our lives will never be the same again. When I asked her what her favorite things about the day were she told me "snack time and recess". Love it. She said they read "The Kissing Hand", which is one of our fav books...and that's about all I got out of her. Wish us luck for tomorrow.




8 comments:
oh my goodnes Tay... i remember when you were born! wow what a cute big girl she is Sarah. Cute outfit too! Proud aunt Hil let out a lil tear just reading this-- love you!
I think every mom must feel this way on their oldest's first day of school. It would be hard--way to make it through Sarah! Taylor's back-to-school outfit is too cute.
what a brave girl! congrats on your first day :o)
Hi Sarah:)
Welcome to the club, is as good as seeing the children grow, not you think? but is part of life, for now enjoy so much your litle princess because as the time goes very fast.
She look so prety all the time, you have a wonderful dougther's, and I very sure the she is so smart like you, give a lot a kisses to her for my
Ale
Yes. That's just wierd, Tay's 5 and in school! i feel so strange telling little kids--"i remember when you were born", makes me feel hecka old! haha, i'm not! love you sister, you're such a wonderful mother-tay is going to be such a great student. lol i can't cry im in public, but i'm so excited for her!
YAY FOR TAYLOR!!! ENJOY SCHOOL !!! IS IT HALF DAY OR FULL DAY ??
OK so I didn't realize these who two different posts - see my comment below!!!! Sorry.
I remember when we were in the same pre-natal class anticipating our first babies. I can't believe they have grown up so fast! Jacob missed the school deadline by one day so he starts next year but I know the water-works will be flowing when he goes. Way to hold it together! She's so cute!
Post a Comment