Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Cruise Update

Now that I'm done unpacking all this stuff, catching up on all the laundry, grocery shopping, celebrating my birthday (thanks for all the fun notes and presents!), doctor's appointments, church stuff, wedding stuff and lots of other errands (PHEW!) I can finally catch up on the blog before I forget all the details. Get ready for a ton of pictures and more posts than you probably have time to read!

First and foremost....THANK YOU to Mema for turning 60 and taking us on a wonderful family cruise! You wouldn't believe this woman is 60! She always looks great, has more energy that Tim and I combined and she is so generous and loving. I really have never met a person that smiles so much and enjoys life and people to the fullest. We love you!

Windy day exploring the ship. The weather was pretty decent most of the trip. We hit the covered pool every day and spent lots of time in the hot tubs. The girls loved going to Kids Club to do the arts and crafts, games, movie nights and pajama party!

Then, of course there was the food. Tim loved trying all the seafood options and the variety of delicacies from frog legs, rabbit, lobster and HUGE shrimp and the list goes on. I think his favorite was ordering the chocolate cake and cookies with milk from the room service! Once we got home and had to cook for ourselves we realized how spoiled we had been to have every meal cooked and waiting for us every day.
The girls loved spending time with their cousins. Playing the window like cats was so fun to do with Jillian! They slept in bunkbeds for the first time in their lives and loved waking up to Mema in the morning. We mostly spent time at the pool, walking around the ship, going to a few classes ( I loved learning the Cha Cha with Tim) and inbetween lots and lots of eating. I kept saying "Is it really time to eat again? Didn't we JUST eat?"

Kenna's favorites: playing with Jillian, riding on a boat, watching movies, taking shoes off everywhere (!), eating lots of bacon

Taylor's favorites: going to Kid's Club, swimming in the pool, sleeping in the cabin, seeing our cousins, getting a dolphin jewelry box.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

were your kids mooning people from the window? hahaha jk. playing cats--i love little kids imaginations!

Anonymous said...

oh yes and Shela(?) is the cutest most active person!! love her for it! lol i miss her, hope to see her when i come home!

Natierae said...

Lucky Lucky ducks!!!! It sounds like you guys has so much fun. Welcome home. Happy Birthday, lets celebrate this week.

H Webb said...

Wow what a fun trip!!! Sound like alot of fun for everyone and Tim's mom really does look great for her age!! I didnt realize she is only 60 yrs old.... Wow she really does take real good care of herself. Im glad I had the opportunity to meet her she is a wonderful lady and mom for Tim!!!!!

Im grateful that Tim is your husband and a real great dad to the girls!!!

I juz cant wait to hear what the next addition will be... hope its a boy for you guys!! It will be nice for a change from having two girls. Dont ya think ??


Happy Birthday to YOU SARAH!! I do remember you being born and seeing you for first time!!! Now you are a mom !!! Im glad u are my niece!!! I wouldnt trade u for anyone!!!

Alexis said...

I think that the food is the best part of the cruise, I wanted to go on a cruise with Josh after dental school, but now it seems like fun to bring the kids to share the experience with them... but there goes that thought, alone time without the kids sounds SOOO much better, they can enjoy a trip later. I'm glad that you guys got to celebrate Tim's Mom's birthday, she does look great, never would have guessed 60. And Happy birthday to you too!!

Kaylynn said...

I am so jealous! You make me actually realize you can take your kids on a cruise and have a good time. Great pictures and Great memories. Did I say that I was jealous yet?

Related Posts with Thumbnails