In Puerto Vallerta we left the girls with Kris, Ali and Mema and went on an adventure! Thanks so much for letting us sneak away--you guys are the best!
We even had a bit of time to tour the city--beautiful old churches, cobblestone roads and lots of surprising stores like Blockbuster, Starbucks, Wal Mart and McDonalds.
First we hopped into a small boat and rode across the ocean about a half hour away to the jungle of trees and a small little town. To me, this was what I envision Mexico to really look like. People doing laundry in streams, living in tin roofed huts and wearing clothes from the 80's. Every local that we met greeted us with a huge smile! I'm not sure if it's the friendly culture, or if they see $$$ signs in our eyes as soon as Americans step off board!
Then we rode this Unimog army jeep thing way up the mountain. We held on for dear life and snuggled up to the other passengers crammed into this tank.
And then we each were assigned our own mule to take us the rest of the way up the 2 foot wide switchbacks to the top of the jungle canopy. Here is where the real adventure started for me. I've never riden a mule, but it was super fun! The mule knew the way and all I had to do was "blow it kisses to the air" and kick it's ribs. Mine was pretty slow, but I was okay with that! Tim kept telling me to sound meaner. And THEN, we got to to this:



4 comments:
Sarah I love that rapelling pic of you-- it cracks me up! Im SO glad you guys had a great vacation. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
i agree with pookie! and Tim--his face says it all!
WOW!!!
You guys deserved the fun away from the girls!! That kills and a blast for you guys!!! What an adventure!!! Im glad you had great time!!!
Cheerish those pictures!!!
Amazing! Now that is a date you will never forget, we should double next time!
Post a Comment