Thursday, January 15, 2009

Boy or Girl?

(not my baby--but a fetus at 18 weeks! How sweet is that.)

Almost 18 weeks:Today I was reading about this cute lil babe inside of me. I can hardly believe it's almost 5 1/2 inches long, 5 ounces (comparing it to a chicken breast!) and that my uterus is the size of a cantaloupe (this explains some things!). I've been feeling the baby move a ton for awhile now. Let me tell you, this is one active kid! I don't remember ever feeling this much movement so early on. I may be forming a gymnast or a break-dancer for all the jolts and wiggling going on.

I was thinking it would be fun to try out all the old wives tale ways of finding out whether or not our baby will be a boy or a girl until we get the ultrasound. Here's a few that I've found and taken with the exciting and ever so accurate results. Let me know if you know of any others and I'll try them too (w/in reason, people!).

Test & Results


Boy or Girl online quiz--it's a girl

Dad's Weight--it's a girl

heartbeat higher than 140 beats per minute--it's a girl

more acne breakouts--it's a girl

Ring or Needle Test--it's a boy

Chinese Lunar Calendar--it's a boy

The Boy or Girl test--it's a 52% chance of being a boy

Old Wives Tales Gender Predictor--it's a 73% chance of being a boy

Select Baby Gender--it's a boy

my feet are colder--it's a boy

leg hair growing faster--it's a boy

craving meats and cheese instead of fruit--it's a boy

I'm carrying lower--it's a boy

the baby is very active--it's a boy

Drano Test--this one sounded fun, but I read the fumes could be dangerous? Not worth it...

10/14 tests = it's a BOY

I have to say that my motherly instincts are saying boy too...but I've been wrong before!

I'm going to need some huge pointers on raising a son if this is the case! I'm also banking on the hope that a girlie pink room won't bother a baby for awhile :)

13 comments:

The Joys of Boys said...

Since I've had three boys I'm an expert right? Maybe not, but I carried all my boys super low to the point that random people would comment, all I ever wanted to eat was sandwiches or chef salads(meat and cheese) and my last two babies seemed to NEVER stop moving. So, maybe a boy!?! I hope! They're so much fun!

Megan Gery said...

did you do the whole pencil on a string thing? i didn't see it on your list. :) when do you find out?

The Lencioni's said...

Well, I don't know any more tests for you, but Kevin has been in Laurie's pink room until just the last couple of weeks. He seems to be all boy still, so you should be fine if that is the case.

Sheree said...

I craved fruit with Camren and his heart rate was 160 through the whole time! I am pulling for you to have a boy, they are the best! Did you know they have a urine test that you can buy that will tell you the gender as early as 10 weeks?!

Alexis said...

Wow, that is a lot of tests. I remember doing the ring and string test with you when we were pregnant with Megan & Taylor, I don't remember it being accurate tho. It's fun being able to go thru this together again, even if we are states apart this time you were always good about comparing the baby to the size of a fruit. Also, if the meat and fruit thing is right then I am having a girl since I just want fruits and vegis. I'm excited to find out what you are having... I'm 5 weeks behind you.

Melissa said...

Having a boy would be awesome! I love my little Tristan. COuldn't imagine life without him. : ) I know that he is older than his 3 sisters, but there is just something about him and how he takes care of his sisters. they have a sense of needing to be the body guard. Don't tell Tristan I told you, he still plays with the girls and their "girly" toys. he is going to be a great daddy one day. Your little guy will be too! ( iam hoping you guys have a boy!)

mj said...

Well...I hope it is a boy. They are the best! A pink room is a-okay as long as he can wear blue jammies and sleep in a blue blankie (I am sure your awesome friends will hook you up!)AAANNDD have some Trucks and Cars to play with. Just ask C...they are totally necessary! Good luck!

H Webb said...

It will be nice to have a boy for a change of having two girls. I know you guys dont mind but in the long run I understand it will be nice to have a BOY! Its alot different than raising a girl but not much. I enjoyed my daughter and now Im enjoying my grandson. Its different but I love being a GRANDMA to my grandson and I know you will love to be a MOM to a son if you are having a BOY I will be thrilled since it will be a good opportunity to see TIM play football and boy stuff with him and still play with the girls as tea parties Hes a devoted DAD Im glad you latched him as your hubby! I really do love TIM and YOU and all of the kids esp the one growing in your tummy (wheres the tummy pixs?)Geez I need to go to bed!!! LOVE YA !

Kaylynn said...

I'm so excited after reading this post!!!! There is a chain (necklace) little test that totally worked for me - it even tells you birth order of your kids and how many you will have. So far it has worked for me (I won't tell you how many kids it told me I'm going to have - it's a secret)

Kristin said...

I did the same necklace thing that Kaylynn did and it worked for me too! But, it showed I was only gonna have two kids...always thought I would have more... but the more I think about it...2 kids does not seem too small at all : ) lol. Happy Guessing & good luck for a BOY! They are really the BEST.

Ruth said...

I hope all your tests are right for your sake if that's what you guys want. We had to go through 3 girls before we got our boys. I'm pulling for another boy this time but my gut is telling me that it's another girl. Sometimes you just have to listen to your gut feeling.

Melissa said...

hey, check out my photography blog page. I awarded you a award!

Sam and Rachel said...

Congratulations on the baby!! I just want to say that girls are awesome too. Perhaps a little emotional at times, but there are fun things you can do with them that you can't with boys. After having 1 boy and 5 girls maybe I am a little biased. If you are having a boy, there is a really good book called "so you want to raise a boy?" It is very helpful and worth checking out. It explains the development stages of boys each year until 21. Good luck with the baby!

Related Posts with Thumbnails