Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Updates on the Fam--This is kind of a long one...

Family Group shot from Christmas--minus Tony's fam and Briana (missed you guys!)

Webb cousins--the idea was cute...

Tim update (no pic--just imagine a cute red-head): Still no job, still optimistic. He continues to job search everyday. Most things don't pay enough and many are commission based. He's had a few interviews, being turned away as "over qualified". A compliment, yet frustrating. I'm asking, "wouldn't they want to hire over qualified people?" But I guess we'll just stick it out until we find a better job for our family. He's been doing handyman work at his brother Kris' in the meantime (which we appreciate SO much!) I keep him busy on his off days. It's nice in a few ways to have him home. We're getting a lot of projects done, he's learning that I get frustrated if he's home and not helping with the kids, and he's so much LESS stressed without the craziness of his old job that I feel like I have my old husband back!

Sarah update (no pics yet): almost 18 weeks pregnant and starting to show it! The pants are getting tighter and it's that awkward stage of not in maternity clothes, but looking pudgy in my normal clothes. We're excited to see the ultrasound soon! Any guesses? I also went the other day and finished the paperwork to start substitute teaching (YAY??) and update my credential for CA and have also been busy looking for tutoring and wedding jobs.

Kennedy update: She loves to color and is quite amazing for just turning 3 if you ask me! She stays in the lines so well and really takes her time to make it pretty with lots of wild colors. Taylor loves to point out that "skin is not really orange or blue" and all the little abnormal details--but I love it--colorful and creative. She also just started Sunbeams and is SUPER excited about sitting in Primary with the big kids. She stared and pointed at her teacher all through Sac. mtg. on Sunday.


Taylor update: She is really becoming such a great reader! Below is a little clip for your viewing pleasure (it's not uploading--check back later?). Lately she has been so willing to listen and obey the first time we ask her to do things. She's earning cotton balls into a whale's mouth--after an FHE on obeying from "Jonah and the Whale". Last week she did get into trouble at school for the first time. She was very serious when she told me the story:

(doing a puzzle together brought out the following confession...)
T-Mom, I have to tell you something that happened today that was really bad
S-What is it?
T-I got in trouble and had to talk to the principal...
S-What did you do?
T-I was banging on the doors in the girl's bathroom with Serene.
S-So, you had to go to the principal's office?
T-No, she just talked to us outside our door. Then we had to sit at a table with our heads down.
S-Were you scared to talk to the principal?
T-(nodding--very serious look on her face)
S-(thinking that I'm ready to smile or laugh or just cherish this moment. I know she was in trouble, but it was so cute!) Taylor I expect you to make better choices than that. You usually choose the right etc...(insert parenting lecture 101)

We decided she had been punished enough by herself and was remorseful for sure! Hopefully this will scare her enough to keep her out of the principal's office for life :) Although, Tim did tell me that he can't even count the number of times he was in there--great!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails