Sunday, December 06, 2009

Happy 4 year old!

My sweet Kennedy turns 4!

I can't believe it! She really is my sweet girl! It has been so fun the last few months to see her come into her personality a little more. She has such a delicate temperament. I love her belly laugh and her adorable smile. Sometimes we have to work hard to see that smile! Love her hugs and kisses and her desire to be kind.

My girl loves:
chicken nuggets and going to McDonald's with Dad or Mema
bean burritos at Taco Bell with Mom
smoothies and fairy sprinkles (flax meal!)
swinging at the park--she is getting pretty good at pumping herself nowadays
coloring
being tested on the letter sounds for her "Homework"
cats
watching shows
"babysitting" Grant
helping mom cook
playing anything with Taylor
My Little Ponies, Barbies, Polly Pockets
going on special dates
dress-ups
reading books
getting dirty outside

She was thrilled to finally be old enough to get her ears pierced....
until we got to the mall and sat in the chair!

At first I thought she would whine for a second, but then I started feeling pretty bad that we were "making" her get her ears pierced. Do we just say never mind and go home? I know she wanted to, but she gets kinda reluctant when everyone is looking at her and it's a new thing. After holding her kitty Snowflake and the Claire's bear for comfort I had them pierce them at the same time. Once she had the rewarding lollipop in hand she was fine. The rest of the day she was telling all the mall employees that she pierced her ears and that it didn't even hurt. Funny how sugar makes everyone feel better! She looks so sweet and girlie with her earrings! Love it.

Today we had a family party for the twin cousins! Ali bought them the twin dresses and they looked so cute. Kenna had fun opening presents and running around with Jillian. Thanks for all the fun presents! Wow, she just looks so grown up in these pictures it's killing me. Where did this last year go?

3 comments:

Megan Gery said...

Happy birthday, Kennedy! I can't believe what a beautiful, grown-up girl you are!

Megan Gery said...

Happy birthday, Kennedy! I can't believe what a beautiful, grown-up girl you are!

mj said...

She is so beautiful. We are so happy to know Miss Kenna Mae. Happy birthday sweet girl!

Related Posts with Thumbnails