Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What a Week!

Mema and her fiance Brian came to visit for a week! We had only met Brian a couple of times, so it was nice to get to know him better. He's a trouper for hanging with the kids on all the adventures.

Grant showed off his new skill of walking behind his toy--10 month babe! Today he was picking up something off the floor and trying to eat it and I said "No, No--yucky!" to him and he started to cry the my feelings are hurt cry for the first time. So sad, but so sweet. His two top teeth are almost all the way in. He's officially lost his baby baby look.

Mother's Day before church--I am so lucky!

The girls were thrilled to get to go for a ride in Brian's convertible.

Taylor at the Children's Museum in Phoenix. We took Mema and Brian on their Friday night free special. Fun, but a late night for these Watties.

One night we picnicked in the park and played in the water feature--yes! It's that hot here already! My car said it was 100 degrees last week.

Playing in the backyard little pool--Grant's first time in water besides the bath. I think he stayed in for about one hour--he loved it! See those top chompers?

The "I'm outside and it's bright" stink face...

'Muffins with Mom' at Tay's school. Just in time for Mema to come with us!

Taylor started piano lessons about a month ago. She is doing fantastic! I can't believe how quickly she is learning. She has a few songs memorized that she sings along with--I should put a video up of her; it's darling and she even stays on tune! Last night after practicing she told me, "I'm just a music kind of girl" Love!

Lots of bike rides for us lately. Mema took Kennedy most mornings on a bike ride with just her. She was in heaven having this much one on one time with Mema. She really knows how to make people feel special. They would go to Wienerschnitzel's around the corner for an early hot dog brunch...right up Kenna's alley. She had a mini fit today on our bike ride/walk when we didn't stop too.

Bowling was unanimously the favorite activity that we did when they were here. The girls earned a family bowling night with their marble jar a few weeks ago and we are finally getting the prize. I even bowled a "Turkey" 3 strikes in a row! It was fun all around.

Of course we managed to get some shopping in with Mema. Costco and Walmart with full carts. Shopping is so much easier with a Mema around! For Mother's Day / Father's Day we got an awesome BBQ that Tim is very proud of. I love it when he wants to cook! Yes!

We will miss our visitors! As soon as Mema left Kennedy wanted to do a countdown to when we would see Mema again. "In 3 days?" she asks....It's going to be a long 2 months.

4 comments:

Alexis said...

So many fun things. It is always fun to have visitors. I can't believe that Taylor is doing piano, I'm sure that Megan would love playing too. Grant is getting so big, I can't believe he is almost walking. Connor is no where near that stage, he's just starting to pull himself up, only on low things.

Kaylynn said...

You are keeping busy! Love your posts! Keep them coming! I love to see how big Grant is getting! Isn't it fun having a boy?

Alyssa said...

Your kids are too cute!!

H Webb said...

Ahhh so cute to have their Grandma there!! Grant is sure a hottie boy and he is so cute!!!!! I love all of you guys !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails