Top Presents:Taylor- Santa's guitar, Barbie car, cute clothes, make-up set, Justin Beiber CD
Kennedy-Santa's Hello Kitty scooter, DVD, fun clothes, Zu Zu pets town
Grant- Santa's Scoot N Zoom, Toy Trucks, Play and Learn dog
Catching up! For some reason I've been dreading catching up on posts. It's the I'm still in denial that Christmas is over and real life is back... But we have had a great 2011 so far!
For Christmas we decided to make the trek to be with our favorite people; our families. The first leg of the trip was to Las Vegas to spend the night with the Kanets (4 hrs away). As soon as I settled down in the car after all the business of packing etc I realized that my throat hurt and it felt like I was getting a sore throat or something. We made it to Vegas late and stayed up talking to Marian and Mike. I could feel my body starting to shut down. The kids were so excited to wake up in Ellie's room. It was one big slumber party for sure. Mid morning we were on the road to Sacramento and ready? for the long trip with the kids in the van.
This is where things get a little blurry for me. All I remember was feeling like I was hit by a bus and starting to have a hard time breathing and feeling ready to puke. Weird combo. I think I slept on and off and tried to take care of the kids, but probably didn't do too much. I remember stopping for lunch and telling Tim that I'd just wait in the car. Then, I started puking and passed out in the car. I've never had that happen before so it was really a crazy/helpless/gross feeling! Waking up to that was confusing. Back on the road, more puking and throat closing up. We kind of traveled with Kanets off and on again. At one point we stopped at the same time and Mike helped Tim give me a blessing and I remember feeling horrible that Mike was standing next to me in all my throw-up glory. Sorry bout that!
Once we landed at Mom and Dad's I pretty much crashed for a couple of days while everyone took care of my kids. Tim was exhausted. We were so lucky to have so much help! There really is no other place I'd rather by sick that at my mom's house so she can take care of me :))
I went to the Dr's office where Briana works to get checked out. They said it was a "throat abscess" and that it wasn't contagious. But, if it didn't get better soon to go to the ER to get it lanced. Hmm...gross, but yet I was willing to get it out of there! It hurt SOOO bad to even swallow my own spit at this point. I hadn't eaten much in 3 days and was always shaky and delirious.
The next morning I awoke after not much sleep because I couldn't breathe and kept having little mini panic attacks. My mom convinced me that it was time to go to the ER since I was getting worse.
Great! During our last trip to CA I took Grant to the ER for dehydration, spending the worst night of my life in the waiting room with a sick baby. Bad memories of this place. But, I was desperate to get better. After talking to the Dr. there he didn't think my throat was an abscess needing to be lanced. He put me on 3 antibiotics and an IV for dehydration. I sat in the bed for a few hours and watched all kinds of things drip into my system. These were miracle drugs I tell you. I felt SOO much better in a short amount of time. The rest of the trip I was super low on energy etc...but definitely on the mend.
Until, we discovered that Tim was getting the same thing. Only this time when we took him in the tested him for Step Throat and he was POSITIVE. So, back to the pharmacy. Back to tending the sick. And now super worried about all the people I probably infected while I was "not contagious". I think by the time we left CA, 6 people had become strepped out.
Although that's my yucky side of the story, there was a lot of fun going on behind the scenes:
making/decorating sugar cooking with Grandma and cousins
playing at the Kwats for hours
Santa still found us all the way in CA
Guys went to see Tron movie
Kade's birthday party
opening presents with cousins
sleeping in a trailer--kids loved it
visiting with Grandpa Foy
seeing green lush plants and rain ;)
and lots more.
It's easy to say that next year will be a better trip for sure!



2 comments:
Yikes! Your throat issue sounds horrible!
I'm sorry you were so sick! I didn't realize how bad it was when we were on the road. Wish I could have helped more!
Glad you guys could be there though!
Post a Comment