Friday, June 19, 2009

Project Line up --CHECK!

Well, yes I am that crafty! Go moms! Since I'm almost done making this little person, I better update the "project line-up" blog entry before I am busy figuring out what to do with 3 kids in the summer. These projects have kept my mind off the last month, SO000 get ready for a long post.

I thought some of my nephews would enjoy this one. It was fun to make, dangerous to play with, but Aunties can do that...because we're fun and not-responsible for any injuries involved with gifts! I've never made anything with duct tape before. Here's the link.

I thought this idea was genius! For about 25 cents it's a must have for the obnoxious puzzle pieces that never stay in the right spots. Didn't save the link on this one, but all you do is sew some sew-on velcro on the tops and hot glue down the edges.

Teacher gifts. I saw it on Etsy.com for sale and thought I should copy it. I love to rip-off Etsy's brilliant crafts. This was fun to do with modge podge. Taylor made sure to ask her teacher her favorite color (always a big deal with kindergartners) and then we went to our scrapbook scraps and ribbon we already had. Cost $1.

Okay, now this project I am proud of. I am not a great sewer. I really do not even try to attempt great sewing because I am not very patient. I would rather just hem and hot-glue! BUT, this was fun to make. My mother may have gotten sick of all my questions (she was in the other room for emotional support!) but I did it mostly on my own. There are not many projects that deal with sewing that I can say that for! Here's the tutorial that I followed.

We had all this leftover fabric from the quilt my mom is making...so I just had to put it to good use. I'm excited to see how it works with a live baby in there. The girls have already been testing it out with themselves(!) and all their dolls.

Not the best pic, but this is a changing pad with a pocket for the diapers and wipes. I thought it was cute and it was actually super, super easy! Even without hot glue, it was easy I tell you. This would be a fun shower gift to make. I think it took less than an hour.

Folds up nice and cute with sew-on velcro for a nice size for the diaper bag. Oh, and it's WASHABLE...which is so necessary. The brown material is a soft fleece, but the chenille would be so sweet (the fleece was on sale and I was just cheap). Here's the tutorial link.

The girls even made baby Grant some burp clothes with Grandma. They are so proud. Taylor learned all about sewing and has informed me multiple times since that "a sewing machine has a FOOT!".

Remember this?

At first I thought I would paint the wicker and add a skirt on the bottom, but finally decided to just skirt the whole thing cuz the wicker just wasn't as pretty as could be. Now we hide lots of blankets and diapers underneath.

Look what I found inside the bassinet. I knew this would happen; you knew this would happen. I'm surprised they haven't gotten into the baby's drawers yet to dress up their dolls with his clothes. All in time, all in time.

PHEW.
I think that's it for awhile. I can't wait to post the quilt my mom is making. It is beautiful!

7 comments:

Alexis said...

I'm glad that your to-do list is getting shorter, and now baby Grant just needs to come. I'm already anxious and I still have 31 days. You are always so crafty and cute. Great job with making everything. It always seems enpowering to do things on your own. We also have our long list of to-do projects we have been working on. Now we just need a baby!

Melissa said...

WOW! I am not pregnant and don't think I can get all those projects done! Your my inspiration Sarah!!! I miss doing projects. I guess I need to find the time. I think Baby Grant is going to look styling with all the cool baby items you made. Can't wait to meet him!! Good luck.

Evelyn said...

Now I'm jealous. My to-do list is still a million miles long and I'm not sure I'll ever get it finished. Your projects all turned out great.

Megan Gery said...

your projects look great. the clipboard idea is amazing. a dollar? wow. and kudos on the sewing!
your mom quilts? i can't wait to see it.

A Slice of Pratt Life said...

What cute ideas you have, Miss Sarah!

mj said...

well, nesting has served you well. you are all ready so go have that baby! and call me when you are done. i am totally doing the puzzle idea. and i am really glad that you are not C's aunt.

Sunny said...

OH MY GOSH!!! How do you find time to do all of this? You are amazing. Love it all!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails